Thursday 6 February 2014

Symposium in Wellington- time to meet everyone

On Thursday the 30th of January, I nervously headed off to Wellington with my new found friend Glynn (another teacher fellow from New Plymouth.)
The next two days were spent getting to know all the other teacher fellows from around the country, Royal Society staff,  and past teacher fellows. We  also got to meet Greer from Otago University who will be organising our leadership course in March, and Dayle from Core Education who will be working with us on our curriculum development days.
What a fantastic bunch of people! 

As well as getting to know all these great people, we also got to know the ins and outs of the teacher fellowship scheme. I was really surprised to learn that there is a big emphasis on my own personal development as well as my science/ curriculum knowledge, will be strange focusing on me!

If I was excited about the next 6 months before  I went to Wellington I am super excited now!

Out for dinner at the Regal Chinese Restaurant

After the symposium finished a few of us that had late flights decided to take a tour around parliament.

No comments:

Post a Comment